14k Solid Gold Medium Silhouette Locket
Medium Solid Gold Locket
Our Silhouette Locket Necklaces are going to be your new favorites. They hold your loved ones' silhouettes engraved to perfection. These lockets were designed to be worn and treasured daily.
- Constructed entirely of 14K Yellow or White Gold - silhouettes are laser engraved and enameled on 14k gold discs.
- Diameter: approx. 19 mm
- 14k Box Chain comes in 18, 20, or 24 inches in length
- Not sure what size to order? Check out our Necklace Length Guide!
- Locket is waterproof*
- Locket holds between 1 to 2 silhouettes per side
- Locket can be engraved on the front and back face
We recommend our Radiance Wash or Radiance Towelettes if you're on the go, both created by Shinery. It is a non-toxic formula made with plant-derived surfactants that surround and trap dirt, oil, beauty buildup and other residues from your jewelry and wash them away, leaving you with brilliant and bright jewelry. It is safe and gentle for all of our enamel and jewelry.
If you do not wish to purchase an additional cleaner, a gentle soap and water solution should also clean off any oils and residue.
If you are opting to submit your own photos to be used for the creation of silhouettes in your medium solid gold locket, we recommend you check out our FAQ section that offers photo tips for best silhouettes results.
*Although our lockets are waterproof, we recommend you use your best judgment when wearing yours. This is a fine piece of jewelry and as such it should be handled with great care.
Be sure to check out our jewelry care support page for helpful product information. Lockets are made to order, so please allow 3-4 weeks (6-8 weeks for enamel) for construction and arrival to your destination. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
If you have any questions about the Process of ordering any of our piece or to read tips on taking perfect photos for silhouettes, please read our HOW TO ORDER page.
To customize any of our products, start by filling out the order form above. For silhouette portraits, select the color of your silhouette/s, size, framing (optional), orientation and personalization (name or any other text you may want underneath the silhouette/s). For our silhouette jewelry, make select the metal, number of charms for your piece and upload your photos right on the order form.
Your custom silhouette/s will be done in a style similar to the examples shown here. Any special requests for details to include will be considered. Please allow for the artist to have a level of artistic license and professional discretion in creating this piece.
Where applicable, double check your text and enter it carefully. Exact line breaks and text layouts are decided by the artist during crafting. We do not automatically send proofs for non-custom silhouette products. To be sure your product looks right, we recommend you purchase a proof with it.
Photo Tips for Perfect Silhouettes
- Place subject in front of a well-lit background, facing either left or right.
- Only one side of the face must show on the photo and entire head should be in the photo.
- A relaxed face helps to show the features (eyelashes, nose, lips) more realistically although smiling faces are cute too. It's up to you how you want to photograph them.
- Pictures taken with a phone camera work too. Just make sure to take the photos in good lighting, during the daytime is preferred.
- If photographing more than one person, take individual pictures.
- Remember to take the picture straight at eye level with the person you are photographing, standing about 2-4 feet away.
- If person has long hair (past the shoulder line) put it up. Ponytails, braids, messy buns really do make for cute silhouettes and add character to the final silhouette.
- For full body silhouettes, take a picture of the people standing, walking away or towards the camera. This works well when photographing siblings.
- When photographing babies, try taking the picture when they are asleep. Hold the camera directly above their face, with only one side of the face showing.
All custom jewelry has a 4 week turnaround (5-6 weeks during our busy holiday season and after a sale.) You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks.
You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks. Framed silhouettes can take another 1-2 weeks once your silhouette is approved, for a total of 3-4 week turnaround.
Silhouette & House Ornaments
Silhouette Ornaments have a 4 week turnaround. Home Ornaments have a 5-6 week turnaround.
Custom Home Illustrations
Items in this category take the longest, between 8-10 weeks turnaround and are offered only a few times a year.
If you need to receive your piece sooner, please reach out to us and we will do our best to accommodate you. You can read more about our turnaround information here.