Custom Full Body Silhouette
Yearly silhouettes are the perfect way for moms to document their children's or family's growth. Created from your photos.
Capture their best years with this everlasting custom full body silhouette by Vana Chupp Studio. The silhouette offers a truly unique opportunity for expression while making an utterly stylish statement. It is a phenomenal way to preserve and commemorate and makes the perfect gift for mom, dad or grandparents.
- Features as little as 1 and as many as 10 custom silhouettes printed on archival paper with archival inks destined to last over 100 years.
- Available in a variety of sizes and colors
- Framing is optional. Select from white, black, natural wood or gold frames. (We do not offer Gift Wrapping on Framed pieces.)
Note: Most of our customers purchase their children's silhouettes yearly but some purchase them as a collection. If you purchase them yearly you can submit the photo at the time of placing your order. If purchasing them as a collection, you can upload a grouping of images that corresponds with the silhouette you want made for that particular year in your child/children life.
When selecting the number of silhouettes, keep in mind that 1 person = 1 silhouette, a family of 4 = 4 silhouettes, etc.
Do you wonder what pictures work best for silhouettes? Look at the last image or click here to find out.
If you have any questions about the Process of ordering any of our piece or to read tips on taking perfect photos for silhouettes, please read our HOW TO ORDER page.
To customize any of our products, start by filling out the order form above. For silhouette portraits, select the color of your silhouette/s, size, framing (optional), orientation and personalization (name or any other text you may want underneath the silhouette/s). For our silhouette jewelry, make select the metal, number of charms for your piece and upload your photos right on the order form.
Your custom silhouette/s will be done in a style similar to the examples shown here. Any special requests for details to include will be considered. Please allow for the artist to have a level of artistic license and professional discretion in creating this piece.
Where applicable, double check your text and enter it carefully. Exact line breaks and text layouts are decided by the artist during crafting. We do not automatically send proofs for non-custom silhouette products. To be sure your product looks right, we recommend you purchase a proof with it.
Photo Tips for Perfect Silhouettes
- Place subject in front of a well-lit background, facing either left or right.
- Only one side of the face must show on the photo and entire head should be in the photo.
- A relaxed face helps to show the features (eyelashes, nose, lips) more realistically although smiling faces are cute too. It's up to you how you want to photograph them.
- Pictures taken with a phone camera work too. Just make sure to take the photos in good lighting, during the daytime is preferred.
- If photographing more than one person, take individual pictures.
- Remember to take the picture straight at eye level with the person you are photographing, standing about 2-4 feet away.
- If person has long hair (past the shoulder line) put it up. Ponytails, braids, messy buns really do make for cute silhouettes and add character to the final silhouette.
- For full body silhouettes, take a picture of the people standing, walking away or towards the camera. This works well when photographing siblings.
- When photographing babies, try taking the picture when they are asleep. Hold the camera directly above their face, with only one side of the face showing.
All custom jewelry has a 4 week turnaround (5-6 weeks during our busy holiday season and after a sale.) You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks.
You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks. Framed silhouettes can take another 1-2 weeks once your silhouette is approved, for a total of 3-4 week turnaround.
Silhouette & House Ornaments
Silhouette Ornaments have a 4 week turnaround. Home Ornaments have a 5-6 week turnaround.
Custom Home Illustrations
Items in this category take the longest, between 8-10 weeks turnaround and are offered only a few times a year.
If you need to receive your piece sooner, please reach out to us and we will do our best to accommodate you. You can read more about our turnaround information here.