Ornament Powder Coating
Ornament Powder Coating
We're excited to offer a new service for our Brass ornaments! Ensure the longevity of your treasured heirloom by having them powder coated. They will resist tarnishing, scratches, and finger prints with a soft uniform finish.
Powder coating is a durable and high-quality finishing process used to apply a protective and durable coating. It involves the application of a dry powder, typically made of finely ground particles of pigment and resin. It is electrostatically charged, which causes it to adhere to the grounded object. The coated object is then heated, allowing the powder particles to melt and form a smooth and uniform finish and creating a hard and resilient coating.
This service is only available for our Brass ornaments. We welcome you to send in your past year's treasures to us to have this incredible finish added.
Not available for Sterling Silver ornaments.
This is an extra service when purchased separately for existing ornaments that requires a Ship Kit for you to safely send your ornaments back to us. If you are using another service, such as a Repair Evaluation or Add-A-Charm, you can send your ornaments to us using the same Ship Kit.
Please reach out to us with any questions you may have regarding this service.
If you have any questions about the Process of ordering any of our piece or to read tips on taking perfect photos for silhouettes, please read our HOW TO ORDER page.
To customize any of our products, start by filling out the order form above. For silhouette portraits, select the color of your silhouette/s, size, framing (optional), orientation and personalization (name or any other text you may want underneath the silhouette/s). For our silhouette jewelry, make select the metal, number of charms for your piece and upload your photos right on the order form.
Your custom silhouette/s will be done in a style similar to the examples shown here. Any special requests for details to include will be considered. Please allow for the artist to have a level of artistic license and professional discretion in creating this piece.
Where applicable, double check your text and enter it carefully. Exact line breaks and text layouts are decided by the artist during crafting. We do not automatically send proofs for non-custom silhouette products. To be sure your product looks right, we recommend you purchase a proof with it.
Photo Tips for Perfect Silhouettes
- Place subject in front of a well-lit background, facing either left or right.
- Only one side of the face must show on the photo and entire head should be in the photo.
- A relaxed face helps to show the features (eyelashes, nose, lips) more realistically although smiling faces are cute too. It's up to you how you want to photograph them.
- Pictures taken with a phone camera work too. Just make sure to take the photos in good lighting, during the daytime is preferred.
- If photographing more than one person, take individual pictures.
- Remember to take the picture straight at eye level with the person you are photographing, standing about 2-4 feet away.
- If person has long hair (past the shoulder line) put it up. Ponytails, braids, messy buns really do make for cute silhouettes and add character to the final silhouette.
- For full body silhouettes, take a picture of the people standing, walking away or towards the camera. This works well when photographing siblings.
- When photographing babies, try taking the picture when they are asleep. Hold the camera directly above their face, with only one side of the face showing.
All custom jewelry has a 4 week turnaround (5-6 weeks during our busy holiday season and after a sale.) You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks.
You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks. Framed silhouettes can take another 1-2 weeks once your silhouette is approved, for a total of 3-4 week turnaround.
Silhouette & House Ornaments
Silhouette Ornaments have a 4 week turnaround. Home Ornaments have a 5-6 week turnaround.
Custom Home Illustrations
Items in this category take the longest, between 8-10 weeks turnaround and are offered only a few times a year.
If you need to receive your piece sooner, please reach out to us and we will do our best to accommodate you. You can read more about our turnaround information here.