Custom House Illustration - Pencil
Our homes are our anchors, our safe places, where we gather with those we hold dear to create memories and traditions that last a lifetime. Our Custom House Illustrations celebrate these places and make wonderful gifts. The process is simple. Each custom illustration takes 8-10 weeks to produce. Pricing depends on the size of your house and complexity of architectural details.
- Purchase this listing to book a commission.
- Upload 3-5 photos of your home when placing your order.
- Vana will email a photo of the preliminary layout for your approval.
- Once approved, Vana will than complete and ship the original (unframed) ink illustration - The illustration is drawn on a bright white thick (archival) paper which is great for framing.
- Final illustration measures 12x16 inches but can be done in different size per request.
- Framing is optional and can be discussed with the artist.
These original illustrations are made to order. Please allow 8-10 weeks for your illustration to be completed. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Important : Once an order has been placed (and a deposit paid) you can cancel it within 48 hours. After that we aren't able to cancel your order (even if we haven't started with your illustration yet). The reason for this is that we only can take a handful of house illustration commissions at a time. If you order one, someone else can't! You are required to submit photos for your home illustration at the time of ordering.
If you have any questions about the Process of ordering any of our piece or to read tips on taking perfect photos for silhouettes, please read our HOW TO ORDER page.
To customize any of our products, start by filling out the order form above. For silhouette portraits, select the color of your silhouette/s, size, framing (optional), orientation and personalization (name or any other text you may want underneath the silhouette/s). For our silhouette jewelry, make select the metal, number of charms for your piece and upload your photos right on the order form.
Your custom silhouette/s will be done in a style similar to the examples shown here. Any special requests for details to include will be considered. Please allow for the artist to have a level of artistic license and professional discretion in creating this piece.
Where applicable, double check your text and enter it carefully. Exact line breaks and text layouts are decided by the artist during crafting. We do not automatically send proofs for non-custom silhouette products. To be sure your product looks right, we recommend you purchase a proof with it.
Photo Tips for Perfect Silhouettes
- Place subject in front of a well-lit background, facing either left or right.
- Only one side of the face must show on the photo and entire head should be in the photo.
- A relaxed face helps to show the features (eyelashes, nose, lips) more realistically although smiling faces are cute too. It's up to you how you want to photograph them.
- Pictures taken with a phone camera work too. Just make sure to take the photos in good lighting, during the daytime is preferred.
- If photographing more than one person, take individual pictures.
- Remember to take the picture straight at eye level with the person you are photographing, standing about 2-4 feet away.
- If person has long hair (past the shoulder line) put it up. Ponytails, braids, messy buns really do make for cute silhouettes and add character to the final silhouette.
- For full body silhouettes, take a picture of the people standing, walking away or towards the camera. This works well when photographing siblings.
- When photographing babies, try taking the picture when they are asleep. Hold the camera directly above their face, with only one side of the face showing.
All custom jewelry has a 4 week turnaround (5-6 weeks during our busy holiday season and after a sale.) You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks.
You will receive a digital proof within 7-10 business days to the email used to place your order. Once you have approved the silhouette, we will proceed with production and ship your piece in about 3 weeks. Framed silhouettes can take another 1-2 weeks once your silhouette is approved, for a total of 3-4 week turnaround.
Silhouette & House Ornaments
Silhouette Ornaments have a 4 week turnaround. Home Ornaments have a 5-6 week turnaround.
Custom Home Illustrations
Items in this category take the longest, between 8-10 weeks turnaround and are offered only a few times a year.
If you need to receive your piece sooner, please reach out to us and we will do our best to accommodate you. You can read more about our turnaround information here.