Vana Chupp Studio + Pottery Barn Kids Partnership
We work with your favorite photographs to create Custom Silhouettes of the people, pets, and special moments in your life. From those treasured pictures, Vana Chupp Studio creates one-of-a-kind heirloom pieces: silhouette portraits and exquisite jewelry. All custom silhouettes created by Vana Chupp Studio will be kept on file for any future uses you may have.
OUR ORDERING PROCESS
It all starts with first selecting one of our silhouette products offered through our partnership with Pottery Barn Kids. To customize any of our products with a custom silhouette from your photographs, start by selecting the desired product and filling out the order form on the PBK website.
BEFORE & AFTER
PHOTO TIPS FOR PERFECT SILHOUETTES
- Place subject in front of a well-lit background, facing either left or right.
- Only one side of the face must how on the photo and entire head should be in the photo.
- A relaxed face helps to show the features (eyelashes, nose, lips) more realistically although smiling faces are cute too. It's up to you how you want to photograph them.
- If photographing more than one person, take individual pictures.
- Remember to take the picture straight at eye level with the person you are photographing, standing about 2-4 feet away.
- If person has long hair (past the shoulder line) put it up. Ponytails, braids, messy buns really do make for cute silhouettes and add character to the final silhouette.
- When photographing babies, try taking the picture when they are asleep. Hold the camera directly above their face, with only one side of the face showing.
- Pictures taken with a phone camera work too. Just make sure to take the photos in good lighting, during daytime is preferred.
Proofing and Turnaround Time
A digital proof will be sent via email in 5-7 business days. Please make any desired adjustments at this time. One round of adjustments is including in the cost of the product. If major adjustments are requested, we might need to re-create your custom silhouettes using a different photo. In that case a design fee of $10 per silhouette will be billed to you directly from our shop. The final proof will be emailed and once approved, we will begin to craft and ship your order. Please allow up to 4 weeks for all custom orders to arrive after they have been approved.
If you need an item in a hurry, or want to make sure it will reach you by a certain date, please contact us at (PBOrders@vanachuppstudio.com) and we will do our best to answer any questions and accommodate your request. Additional fees may apply for expedited production and/or express shipping.